RESOLUTION PASSED BY THE NZEMA MAANLE COUNCIL AT THEIR EMERGENCY MEETING ON
TUESDAY 25TH AUGUST, 2014-08-28
VENUE: PALAVA HALL, ESIAMA.
The Nzema Maanle Council comprising Awulaemo, Nanamo, Baahemaamo, Elders, Opinion leaders of Nzemaland at their emergency meeting at Palava Hall, Esiama on 25th August 2014, made the following resolutions:
- Taking cognizance of the Ebola scare and Cholera outbreak,
- Aware of the devastating nature of the Ebola Virus and its spread through body contact, Noting carefully the Government of Ghana’s commitment to Ebola disease preventive measures;
- Aware of the sensitization exercise currently going on for the Ebola disease and Cholera particularly, the launching of Ebola Awareness week by the Ghana Health Service and World Health Organization on 15th August, 2014,
- Anxious to contribute their quota to fighting the spread of the two deadly diseases on Nzemaland as our national duty,
- Do hereby resolve and be it firmly resolved, that:
- With immediate effect, all Kundum Festival should be suspended(at least, for this year)
- We shall use the period of Kundum festival celebration to embark on a programme of sensitization from community to community on the Ebola scare and Cholera outbreak.
- Through our Ebola scare/Cholera sensitization Committee, we shall cause all towns and villages to use communal labour to clean up our communities and environments within the period.
Please find attached the signatories to the resolution.
AWULAE ANGAMA TU-AGYAN II