Cholera Outbreak hits Nzema and other parts of the WR

choleraoutbreakThe Western Regional Health Directorate had recorded one death among the 25 confirmed cases of the cholera disease within the Region.

So far, a total of 87 suspected cases had been recorded since the first case on July 27, 2014.

Mr. Francis Anliah, Regional Disease Control Officer told the Ghana News Agency in an interview that the cases were recorded from Ellembelle, Shama, Wassa East, Tarkwa, Axim and Sekondi/Takoradi and said operators of districts facilities have been schooled to do surveillance in controlling the spread of the disease.

He added that the Health Directorate was also carrying out awareness creation and community durbars to educate Ghanaians on the need for a clean and healthy environment.

The Disease Control Officer said the hospitals were up to the task in containing the spread but entreated the public to limit hand shaking and ensure that they properly washed their hands with soap and water.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s